Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oops, I did it again...

.....I played with your heart....

So as promised, here are more pictures from Carter's Birthday party...yes, I know, it was back in May but bare with me and I'll try to catch you up to current over the next several post. :-)

We had his 4th birthday party at Pump It Up...He had a blast!!


This was a GIANT slide, it was even big enough for adults to have fun on!! Therefore, mommy enjoyed it too (Yes, I did play and I like that it was not a lot of planning on mommy's part this year too...made it even nicer!!)!!!


No, we couldn't get daddy or the grandparents to play, but oh well, here they are with the birthday boy...







After having fun in the play area where there were 4 big inflatable/jump things in there, it was time for cake, ice cream, and presents.

Although, I know many of you may have heard this story before, I feel I must pass it along to others too. I will NEVER EVER AGAIN get another cake from Sweet Sensations!!!! I'll try to make this short, sweet, and to the point. First of all, they didn't have my cake ready when I got there to pick it up! They did finally find my order sheet, it was just misplaced, they said, but still no cake. NO SYMPATHY whatsoever!!! All they really said was "this has never happened before." (NOTE: I've gotten several cakes from them in the past and have had great success with them.) They wanted to know what's the latest I could pick it up...I told them now but the absolute latest was in 1 HOUR!! They said they would have it ready. At this point I'm in TEARS but the worst part was when I got in the van and Carter wanted to know where his cake was, so then he starts crying. Well, my WONDERFUL FRIEND Ruby came to the rescue and said for me to come get her kids and take them to the party and she would go pick the cake up (since they play first and then eat) b/c I still had to go get the balloons and get to the party in time....THANKS AGAIN RUBY!!! Well, she goes to pick it up and they were willing to give me a 10% discount for my trouble (not b/c they didn't have it ready when they were supposed too...NO, NOT THEIR FAULT AT ALL!!!) would that be okay they ask her. Don't ask if you don't want to know her true feelings...well, she let's them know in a nice way that actually half off sounds better b/c it was their fault, not ours...instead the man in the back hears this, gets mad at her and takes the cake back and says..."Well, you can just get your cake from Kroger"...the NERVE of him. I understand you run a business but when you mess up, admit it and try to make the best of it to keep a customer, not loss one!!! "You can bet she will from now on", my friends says. The girl checking her out got the cake back and rang us up. Well, after founding out how much I owed her, I only got 10% off. Oh, it's not over yet!!! I get the cake and it's not exactly what I wanted but Carter did know that it was a Red Power Ranger but then he says it's not the ____ (forgot the name he said, something like Ultra Red Power Ranger or something like this), so yes even my 4 year old noticed...but I was okay with it b/c it had to be done so quickly and at least we have a cake but so quickly that the icing was FALLING OFF the cake!!!!!! So feel free to pass any cake makers my way b/c I will not be going back there!!!

Whew, glad I got that off my chest. Now, onto presents.


The Birthday Group Picture...


This was one of his presents that he just couldn't wait to get on...

He looks like a FANTASTIC Red Power Ranger to me!!! Don't worry, Power Rangers are good guys and fight the bad ones...so be on your best behavior or he'll come and get you next! :-)

Even Little Nephew, Conner enjoyed the party too (well, maybe the cake and ice cream the best)!


Thank you for all who came and celebrated my boys birthday with him!! He's already trying to plan next years birthday party!

Photobucket

No comments: