Monday, November 10, 2008

OUR BEACH VACATION!!

YES you heard me right....the Marbry's went on a VACATION TO THE BEACH!!! We went with another family and had a GREAT TIME!! Check us out....

Our home away from home-

This is where we stayed during the week! It was FABULOUS!!! The house was all you can imagine and more.
Then the resort we stayed in had this fun little shopping area and we just couldn't resist when we saw this to snap a shot of the kids or actually I think the kids wanted us to take a picture of them!

We decided to all dress up alike and get a few beach pictures. These are what I have for now but I don't have the family shots yet.


Then we went to a couple of restaurants on the beach...The Back Porch and Crab Trap, so we took advantage of the wait and enjoyed the beach some more.



I tell you what, I discovered on this trip that my good friend is really good at taking self portraits. The one with her and her husband (above)...yep, you guessed it...she did it herself...pretty good if you ask me!! And I really liked this one of her and I.

And now it's time for some beach time fun. Carter got so excited b/c he could actually get out in the water and play b/c the first two times we went to the beach, it was to eat and then the pictures in our white shirts and jeans, so we couldn't "play" since we weren't in our swimsuits. I know pure torcher for a 4 year old! Carter had a blast and really loved it!! I think he's ready to go back already!! We will definitely do this again! We all really loved it!!


The house had all this beach stuff that we were free to use, so the kids really had a blast on the boogy boards.

Look a little closer at this one...it's him sitting with his name written in the sand.

Just precious...my boy's footprint in the sand!!

My friend and I had time to scrapbook while the guys went and played golf.

Well, I hope you enjoyed all the pictures we took...it was really hard to narrow it down to just these b/c we got some really great shots!! The weather was perfect and the water was just right too. We left on Saturday, October 11th and got back on Friday the 17th. It was a FANTASTIC FALL BREAK!!!

(Please be sure to check out my other recent posts below too...Trick or Treat and MVP AllStar Player...yes, I know a new record for me...3 post in one week! :-)

2 comments:

Tina said...

Ok, first, cute blog design! Very festive!

The house is adorable!
The pictures are great...and I would've never guessed that the S&R pic was a self-portrait, very good!

I'm so glad that you finally made it to the beach...and had such a great time!!

The Duff Family said...

Looks like you had a great time!!! Carter is getting so big.